Aviators Aircraft Set
|Longer Airships||Use longer Airship sprites. More accurately shaped, but can cause some graphical clipping errors.|
|Hand-Drawn Lockheed L-100 Hercules||Use the old Lockheed L-100 Hercules sprites instead of the new ones.|
|Seaplane Preview||Activating this parameter will allow seaplanes and float-refitted planes to operate from normal airports.|
|Airport Modifications||If this parameter is activated, the infrastructure maintenance costs of small airports will be reduced to a level more suitable for the smaller aircraft in the set, and the Commuter Airport and Helidepot will be introduced earlier.|
See the links in the template below for more details on each aircraft.
Website and Download
You can download the set from the OpenTTD in-game content delivery service, BaNaNaS.
2.2 - 25th of February 2012
- Added new sprites for remaining disaster aircraft (Skyranger, large UFO and small UFO).
- Added early retirement of aircraft from buy list (-12 years), to declutter list and prevent purchasing aircraft with poor reliability.
- Increased model life of Zeppelin, Goliath, HPW, F.VIIa, HP42 and Westland Whirlwind by 10 years, and Airship, S-61 and Short Calcutta by 5 years.
- Fixed model life for DC-10 (was 20 years too short).
- Added text translations (Russian, German, Dutch, Slovak) provided by community members.
- Removed check for other GRFs (hang-over from the days of limited vehicle IDs in TTDPatch) and the related parameter.
- Extended airport modification parameter to change introduction dates too (Helidepot from the beginning (for airships), Commuter Airport from 1963).
- Check and avoid conflict between airport modification parameter and OpenGFX+ airports grf.
- Fixed wrong capacity for default cargo for Skylift and Skycrane.
- Fixed helicopter rotor sprites in the buy menu.
- Remove seaplanes from buylist if Seaplane Preview parameter is not on (to avoid confusing AIs).
2.12 -29th of December 2012
- Changed definition of industrial cargos, for correct capacities of FIRS supplies.
2.11 -22nd of April 2012
- Fixed various spaghettibugs relating to range, capacity and generational aircraft.
2.1 - 29th of March 2012
- GRF updated to GRF version 8.
- TTDPatch support dropped.
- Implemented new Range property for aircraft.
- New vehicle offer and news dialogues now use full aircraft sprites, instead of the truncated buy menu sprites.
- New GRF Parameter: "Airport Maintenance Costs". Reduces the airport infrastructure maintenance costs to a level more suitable for the smaller aircraft in the set.
- Added de Havilland Twin Otter, NAMC YS-11, Ilyushin Il-62, and Airbus A400MCT.
- Added Short S.8 Calcutta seaplane.
- Added landing sounds for seaplanes.
- Lockheed L-100 now expires in 2035.
- Bug fixes:
- Corrected error message bug when incompatible set loaded.
- Removed a sprite marker from the TD-90 sprites.
- Fixed alt liveries not displaying for some aircraft.
- Fixed running cost for Airbus A330.
2.0 (5th Anniversary Edition) - 20th of October 2011
- Added Short S.26 Empire seaplane (OTTD with "seaplane preview" parameter set only).
- Added Handley Page Type W as optional replacement for the Fokker F.VII.
- Added Junkers JU 52 as optional replacement for the Lockheed Electra.
- Added Bristol Freighter as optional replacement for the Lockheed Constellation.
- Added de Havilland Comet as optional replacement for the Sud SE-210 Caravelle.
- Added Noorduyn Norseman, Antonov An-2, Yakovlev Yak-40, Ilyushin Il-76, Beech 1900, Pilatus PC-12, Orville Sub-Orbiter and Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane (all OpenTTD only).
- Delayed introduction dates of the Boeing 2100 and J-Tech J-1 Roku by 10 years.
- Slightly decreased purchase costs for Farman F.60 Goliath, Fokker F.VII, Handley Page H.P.42, Lockheed Electra and de Havilland Dragon Rapide.
- Reduced passenger capacity of the Fokker F100 to 97.
- Reduced goods capacity of the Farman Goliath and Fokker F.VII to 10.
- Reduced freight capacity of the Boeing 747 to .5x the goods capacity, to match other aircraft.
- New generation for Boeing 747 (747-8 from 2012).
- Generational stats for the Lockheed Constellation (Super Constellation from 1952, Starliner from 1957).
- Added 15 years to the model lifespan of the Lockheed Constellation.
- Added 5 years to the model lifespan of the Handley Page H.P.42.
- Added 5 years to the vehicle lifespan of the Farman Goliath.
- Speeds of Westland Whirlwind, Sikorsky S-61, and Boeing-Vertol 234 reduced from Vno to realistic cruise speed.
- Purchase and running costs of above helicopters altered slightly to compensate.
- Boeing-Vertol 234 no longer expires.
- Decreased purchase and running costs, and capacity, for the Lockheed L-100 Hercules.
- Re-rendered slightly smaller sprites for the Lockheed L-100.
- Lockheed L-100 can no longer carry passengers.
- Added increased cargo decay times for luxury, small, and early aircraft (OpenTTD nightly builds only).
- Special refits (Combi, Airliner, Oversize, Sling, No tip tanks, and Float) can now be any of the four colour refits too.
- Added a newgrf warning message if planespeed is not 1/1.
1.81 - 14th of January 2011
- Added de Havilland Dragon Rapide as optional replacement for the Lockheed Electra.
- Added Boeing 767 as optional replacement for the Airbus A300.
- Generational stats for the Douglas DC-8 (Super 60 from 1967).
- Generational stats for the Douglas DC-9 (MD-80 from 1980).
- Added "upgrade" information text in buy menu for generational aircraft.
- Fixed the set not working in TTDPatch.
- added a space to the name of the de Havilland Dash 8.
1.8 - 11th of January 2011
- Added Embraer ERJ 145 (OpenTTD only).
- Added Douglas DC-8 as optional replacement for the Boeing 707.
- New rendered version of Lockheed L-100 Hercules.
- ATR and Dash 8 no longer expire.
- Running costs of extra aircraft (TTDP optional aircraft) now show correctly in purchase menu in OpenTTD with planespeed other than 1/1.
- Running costs of the Lockheed L-100 Hercules now show correctly in purchase menu with planespeed other than 1/1.
- Refits now have 0 cost, to match my other grfs' behaviour.
- Added OpenTTD action 14 newgrf information and parameters.
- Reduced (or in one instance increased) capacity for several 1960s era aircraft, to reflect typical rather than maximum loads:
- Bristol Britannia: 99/30/100 (was 139/30/90)
- Lockheed L-188: 80/20/80/40 (30/60) (was 104/30/90/45 (35/65))
- Sud SE-210 Caravelle: 80/20/60 (was 90/20/60)
- Boeing 707: 147/30/120 (was 189/40/140)
- Boeing 727: 94/25/80 (45/50) (was 145/25/100 (45/70))
- Douglas DC-9: 72/20/60 (was 90/20/60)
- Boeing 737: 97/20/70 (40/60) (was 115/20/70 (40/60))
- Boeing 707 circuit and takeoff speeds slightly reduced (250kt below 10000ft rule).
- Boeing 727 running costs reduced.
- Douglas DC-9 running costs slightly increased.
1.7 - 22nd of April 2010
- Added Airbus A330 as optional replacement for the Boeing 777.
- Allowed the BAC 1-11, F100, ATR-72 and Airbus A340 to use extended IDs in OpenTTD. The Av8 extra aircraft GRF is no longer required.
- Added BT-67 graphics for the Douglas DC-3.
- Added Combi graphics for the Boeing 727 and Boeing 737.
- Visually stretched the 737-NG.
- Generational stats for the Douglas DC-3 (BT-67 from 1990).
- Douglas DC-3 now never expires.
- Boeing 737 later generations now carry 80 and 90 crates of goods.
- Airship now has 20 years longer model life (1959).
- Sud SE-210 Caravelle now has 10 years longer model life (1989).
- Vickers Viscount now has 10 years longer model life (2003).
- Added Combi refits (fewer passengers and more mail) to the Lockheed L-188, Boeing 727, Boeing 737 and BAe 146 / Avro RJ.
- Balance tweak: reduced running cost of the ATR and Dash-8 and increased running cost of the L-188, increased the purchase cost of the Boeing 2100, and a few other little tweaks.
- Running costs for the generational aircraft now display correctly in the buy menu when using planespeeds other than 1:1.
- Fixed the set not working in TTDPatch.
1.6 - 7th of March 2010
- Added Zeppelin (OpenTTD only).
- Added the World Aircraft Set and the Russian Planeset to the incompatible GRFs list (av8 will deactivate on detection unless parameter set).
- Variable capacities for the Boeing 737, Boeing 747 and McDonnell Douglas DC-10 now work correctly in OTTD 1.0.0 and trunk.
1.501 - 25th of April 2009
- Reduced purchase cost of the Airship.
- Boeing 234 can now carry all cargos.
- Added cargo liveries for the Boeing 727.
- Added Livery Colour refits for all aircraft. You can now fit all aircraft to one of 4 different livery styles (Company, Reverse, Alternative, Blank).
1.5 - 15th of April 2009
- Added Lockheed L-100 Hercules.
- Variable running costs implemented. Aircraft are now cheaper to run when on the ground and when fitted to cargo and flying empty, and more expensive when taking off or broken down.
- Running cost base doubled.
- aircraft with generational graphics (737, 747 and DC-10) now have variable purchase cost, running cost and pax capacity. (Note that capacity changes on purchase are not supported in either game yet).
- 737, 747, Dash-8, and ATR no longer expire. Increased model life on DC-3 and DC-10.
- balance tweak: decrease in cargo/mail capacity of large aircraft.
- balance tweak: increase in purchase price of large aircraft.
- balance tweak: decrease in running cost of smaller/slower aircraft and helicopters.
- Airship, DC-3, Stratocruiser, L-188, RJ, and 747 can now carry all cargos.
- Added cargo liveries for the DC-3, Stratocruiser, L-188 and RJ.
- Disabled the optional aircraft (BAC 1-11, F100, ATR-72 and A340) in OTTD if multiple engine sets are allowed. OTTD users will get a new addon grf containing the extra aircraft.
- Added a check for conflicting grfs (planeset) if multiple engine sets are allowed, and a parameter to disable the check.
1.331 - 14th of July 2007
- Unknown Changes.
1.33 - 1st of June 2007
- added action 2 check for altitude on takeoff (so planes won't skid along nose-up after taking off from high-altitude airports any more).
- Added cargo livery for the Boeing 777.
1.32 - 30th of May 2007
- Unknown Changes.
1.31 - 18th of April 2007
- Added Fokker F100 and British Aerospace BAC 1-11.
- Redesigned and renamed the Boeing 797 to Boeing 2100.
- Remodelled the Airbus A320.
- A few stats tweaks that I can't even remember.
1.3 - 27th of February 2007
- Added McDonnell Douglas DC-10
1.15 - 8th of February 2007
- Added Lockheed Electra, Lockheed L-188, Boeing 727, ATR-72 and Airbus A340.
- Redesigned the graphics for the eAe Coronet 80.
- Changed intro date on the Douglas DC-3 from 1935 to 1936.
- Changed passenger capacity on the Boeing 707 from 200 to 189.
1.1 - 18th of January 2007
1.02 - 21st of October 2006
- fixed the tail in the vertical views for the Britannia.
- fixed the clipping in the horizontal views for the 777.
1.01 - 21st of October 2006
- balance tweak: slight increase to the purchase price of the 747.
- balance tweak: slight increase to the purchase price of the 777.
- balance tweak: decrease in the running cost of the 777.
- fixed graphic glitch in the S-92's rotorblade sprites.
- Added "Roku" to the name of the JTech J-1 Roku.
1.0 - 20th of October 2006
- Initial release.